About Me

My photo
Hi, I am Georgina Cook! I blog because I relish in "sharing what I love". While there are so many things in life that I love (Cath Kidston, Galaxy chocolate, my husband's eyes, eBay, plucking my eyebrows (i just do...) , and Christmas morning), this blog will focus on my greater passions: crafting, going cool places with my hubby, shopping, decorating and every day life lessons.

Popular Posts

Labels

Powered by Blogger.

Search This Blog

Thursday 25 August 2011

Glittery Lanterns

Hey you guys!!! Can I just say how glad I am to have 3 new followers... I hope you enjoy it here!! :D
Today I went out to buy some glittery card to make these lovely lanterns! It was only £2 for 10 sheets.... not that great i know, but I have had this idea for ages so I wanted them to look as good as poss! Instead you could just get a white piece of card and get your glitter shakers to work!



 You will need:
Glittery card - posh or not posh
Glue gun!
Tissue paper
Jar of any size
Tealight candle
Scissors
Ruler Pencil
Crafting Knife


1. First you will need to select the jar that you will put your tealight in. If you want a mini lantern... use a baby food jar... mine is average so I just used  Jam jar. Then you want to wrap your sparkly card around your jar and then give about 3cm and snip it off. Then make another snip up the side of the height of the jar giving another 3cm.


2. Next you want to make it to fold into four... so do the maths. Mine was 30cm long so 30 divided by four is 7.5. At every 7.5cm make a little mark with your pencil. Then fold them neatly so it looks like the above! Get your tissue paper and cut out exactly the same shape as you have just made with your glittery card.


3. Next cut out the pattern you want to shine through with a crafting knife. I wanted a star and 'LOVE' written on mine.  Now you can glue your tissue paper behind the card. Looking good?!! Now glue along the two ends and join them together!


4. Put your jar inside the case and put a tealight candle inside.


Light it.... and....


Aaaah it's lovely!!

No comments:

Post a Comment